how the fuck did we get from there to where we are today
"How’d we get from there to here?"
Hmm, well let’s see.
- 1851; Sojourner Truth’s “Ain’t I A Woman?” Speech that, in due time, helped Americans recognize the African American women’s right to equality.
- 1848; FIRST Woman’s rights Convention Held
- 1890; Wyoming becomes the first state to allowed women to vote. (Even if for a populace reason.)
- 1920; 19th amendment ratified.
- 1923; FIRST Equal right amendment introduced. (Revised in 1943 to what is known today as the Equal Rights Amendment.)
- 1963; Equal pay act becomes federal law.
- 1965; Supreme Court Ruling on Contraceptives. (Griswold vs. Connecticut rules use for married women. Extended to use for single Women in Eisenstadt vs. Baird in 1972.)
- 1967; Civil Rights Protection extended to Women. (Exc. Order 11375)
- 1972; Title IX amendments. (Access to education no longer discriminatory based on sex. Caused a serge in women’s high-school and college enrollment.)
- 1973; Abortion Rights, a.k.a Roe vs. Wade.
- 1973; Women-Only military branches abolished. (Here take the whole timeline.)
- 1978; Discrimination of pregnant women by employers banned.
- 2009; Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act signed.
- 2014; Obama orders federal contractors to let their employees share salary information with one another to narrow the wage gap.
I could go on and on.
My point is; if you want to go back 177 years in the past, lose all right listed above (plus a bunch not listed), JUST to be able to bite a man’s nose off for touching you, be my guest.
I personally will be fine and dandy sitting here in the present.
The fact is; not all men are pigs, everyone is human, a good percentage of us human’s can be assholes, and misogyny is not greater than misandry.
Treat people like fucking people, if you don’t want some to touch you, tell them not to. If the go further than that, THEN bite their nose off. (Or, don’t. Because AIDS.)
Midna as an assist trophy for SSB4!
YES YES YES
me realizing they have a brand for my special eyes
I’ve wanted to do a piece like this for ages, the game is so cool!
Mixed media on acetate.
Ladies & Gents, i present to you The BATMAN: The World’s Greatest Detective. lolz.
He’s always been a man of mysterious ways.
Because I remember how shitty textbook prices were in college, here are some other options for my followers.
OMG LOOOOLLL I’M SO DONE